When you start writing a book, it’s as if everyone around you becomes the expert. You’ll hear that you should show don’t tell, start with action, or even embellish your stories to sound “better.”
People start spitting advice in your face like they’ve been through it all before even though most of them have hardly even thought about writing a book, let alone put forth an ounce of work to get started.
So how do you know which advice is garbage and which you should actually take?
It’s safe to say that the idea of showing not telling is one all writers should pay close attention to.
Show don’t tell in writing is a piece of advice that’s been around for longer than you might realize. Even if it didn’t have a phrase attached to it yet, the best authors out there have been using it for the duration of their careers (and even before, most likely).
In fact, it’s why they’re known as the best writers of all time…
Lese weiter auf: Show Don’t Tell in Writing: The Ultimate Guide to Finally Getting it Right
Kommentare und FragenMöchtest Du zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder hast dazu eine Frage, dann mach dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Aktuelles von Self-Publishing-School | Blog
- 200+ Creative Writing Prompts: 100% Unique Fiction Book Ideas
- Strong Verbs: Write Better by Using Power Verbs [FREE DOWNLOAD]
- Amazon Marketing Services: 20 Creative & Unique Ways to Use AMS Ads
- Best Book Writing Software: 12 Top Writing Tools For Authors in 2018
- Book Marketing: How to Skyrocket Sales of Your Book
- Book Title Ideas: How to Choose the Perfect Title for Your Book
- 10 Surprising Realities of Self-Publishing Your Books
- Self-Published Books by SPS Students in August
- How to Publish an Ebook: A Simple Ebook Publishing Guide to SELL
- How Much Does it Cost to Publish a Book?
Self-Publishing School PodcastFor more information on self-publishing, you can check out the Self-Publishing School podcast here. You can also listen in via Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Diese Information erscheint unabhängig vom Artikel!