Facebook Location Targeting options can provide powerful methods to reach specific users in certain areas. However, as Facebook has created additional options, advertisers may be confused about how to take complete advantage of these features. Some also may not fully understand how Facebook determines target audience locations.
Note that this post is focused primarily on paid targeting. I’ve also written about restricting your audience using location targeting at the page or post level. This post dives into what Facebook Location Targeting is and how location is determined. We’ll also cover scenarios when you might want to use the different capabilities offered. Along the way, we’ll take a nerdy detour into segmented audience analysis – Let’s get to it…
What Is Facebook Location Targeting?
Location Targeting on Facebook simply allows us to tell Facebook the relevant geographic locations where we would like to show our ads. At the time of this writing, Facebook allows you to target by Country, State (or region, depending on the country), City, Zip/Postal Code, and Business Address. In the United States, you can also target by DMA, which is a media market as defined by Nielsen.
You can also target multiple locations within a single targeting group, though there are limits to how many specific targeting parameters you can build. For example, you can include up to 25 individual countries, or up to 250 individual cities, in a single group…
Kommentare und FragenMöchtest Du zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder hast dazu eine Frage, dann mach dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Aktuelles von Jon Loomer
- Facebook Attribution: View Top Sources for Conversions
- How to Edit a Facebook Ad and Retain Social Proof
- How I Used Facebook Lead Ads to Create a Quiz
- Facebook Account Optimization and Organization Techniques
- Why I Turned Off My Facebook Messenger Bot
- Facebook Attribution Tool: The Ultimate Introduction
- How to Determine Facebook Ad Spend by Country
- Are Instagram users included in Facebook Saved Audiences?
- Dial In Your Facebook Dynamic Ads for the Holidays
- Facebook Custom Audience Sizes Have Returned (sort of!)
Diese Information erscheint unabhängig vom Artikel!