If you own a business in a small town near a big city, you’re probably a bit jealous of your competitors in this big city. The search volume for that city will most likely be significantly larger, and with that, the amount of potential customers as well.
So, is there any way you can still benefit from this proximity of potential customers? Perhaps if you also appear to be located in this city? You could, for example, easily use the name of a city in your URL, even if your business is actually located in the neighboring town.
But how does this affect your SEO? And are there perhaps other reasons to avoid doing this? Let’s discuss in today’s Ask Yoast…
Kommentare und FragenMöchtest Du zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder hast dazu eine Frage, dann mach dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Aktuelles von YOAST | SEO for everyone
- Ask Yoast: Nofollow tags for Amazon affiliate links
- How to optimize without spending all day optimizing
- Voice search: what will the future bring?
- Does site speed influence SEO?
- Noindex a post in WordPress, the easy way!
- Ask Yoast: Geotargeting and SEO
- What are breadcrumbs and why are they important for SEO?
- rel=canonical: the ultimate guide
- Synonyms and keyword distribution in Yoast SEO Premium
- Yoast SEO 7.8: Synonyms and keyword distribution
Diese Information erscheint unabhängig vom Artikel!