Geotargeting is when you serve a user content, based on their location. There are several ways to determine where a user is located, for example by checking IP-address, device ID or even using GPS. It can be beneficial to present your user content that’s customized for their locale, for instance using familiar imagery.
Still, it pays off to give some thought to the implications for your site’s SEO if you start using geotargeting. And of course, make sure you don’t go through all this trouble, without properly implementing everything!
Rufino emailed us his question on the subject:
“We’re considering using a geotargeting tool on our WordPress site, in which images and content on the landing page will change based on the city the person viewing is located. How will doing this impact SEO?”
Watch the video or read the transcript further down the page for my answer!
Kommentare und FragenMöchtest Du zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder hast dazu eine Frage, dann mach dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Aktuelles von YOAST | SEO for everyone
- Ask Yoast: Nofollow tags for Amazon affiliate links
- How to optimize without spending all day optimizing
- Voice search: what will the future bring?
- Does site speed influence SEO?
- Noindex a post in WordPress, the easy way!
- Ask Yoast: Geotargeting and SEO
- What are breadcrumbs and why are they important for SEO?
- rel=canonical: the ultimate guide
- Synonyms and keyword distribution in Yoast SEO Premium
- Yoast SEO 7.8: Synonyms and keyword distribution
Diese Information erscheint unabhängig vom Artikel!