Geotargeting is when you serve a user content, based on their location. There are several ways to determine where a user is located, for example by checking IP-address, device ID or even using GPS. It can be beneficial to present your user content that’s customized for their locale, for instance using familiar imagery.
Still, it pays off to give some thought to the implications for your site’s SEO if you start using geotargeting. And of course, make sure you don’t go through all this trouble, without properly implementing everything!
Rufino emailed us his question on the subject:
“We’re considering using a geotargeting tool on our WordPress site, in which images and content on the landing page will change based on the city the person viewing is located. How will doing this impact SEO?”
Watch the video or read the transcript further down the page for my answer!
Kommentare und FragenMöchtest Du zu diesem Artikel ein Kommentar abgeben oder hast dazu eine Frage, dann mach dies bitte immer auf der Herausgeberseite!
Aktuelles von YOAST | SEO for everyone
- WordPress 5.0, Gutenberg, WooCommerce updates and a bonus!
- Introducing: Yoast subscriptions!
- Assisted Conversions in Google Analytics
- How site speed influences SEO
- Ask Yoast: Competing business names in the SERPs
- WordPress 5.0 is postponed, Gutenberg site building tips and more!
- Open source: reducing boundaries and creating opportunities
- Join our free webinar: SEO in 2019
- Annelieke’s Analytics: The power of the landing page in Google Analytics
- New SEO analysis in Yoast SEO: a recalibration!
Diese Information erscheint unabhängig vom Artikel!